Typical Photo Shoot Expectations
I thought it may be of benefit to briefly describe what’s involved in a typical photo shoot, from the first contact with me to receipt of your edited digital images. If there’s anything I haven’t addressed below, please feel free to drop me an email or give me a call.
- Initial Discussion: The process usually starts when you contact me regarding a portrait or engagement photo shoot. We’ll discuss the specifics of what you’re looking for, such as the theme/idea of the shoot, possible locations, clothing for the type and style of the shoot that you’d like and any other relevant details. I also advise you of my availability as well as fee, which is €150* for a 1,5hrs shoot (and 30 retouched digital images).
- Locations: Parks, beaches, mountains and cityscapes are all great locations for photos. If you do not have a location in mind when booking your photo session, I can recommend a few places and make sure we choose the perfect spot for you. I will also complete all the details (such as list of possible locations, tips on what to wear, etc) in an email and send it your way for convenience.
- Meeting (optional): I’m always happy to meet the clients in person for coffee in advance of the shoot to talk over any details and simply get to know each other. That way I won’t be a stranger the next time you see me at the shoot and you’ll feel a lot more relaxed.
- Your Photo shoot: Once all the details are finalised (such as location, clothing, date and time), we’ll meet again at the location of your choice to execute the idea. The shoot normally lasts 1.5 hrs (or longer if you let me!) and will be a fun and relaxed experience for everyone involved. Your photo shoot is never rushed. It’s important to me that you enjoy the experience. You can do several outfit changes for greater variety.
- Posing: You don’t need to worry about posing or what you need to do during the shoot. That’s my job! I will always give you directions regarding which way to look, how to stand and what to do with your hands, etc. If it’s a couples’ session, I’ll usually ask you to interact with each other, be yourselves and pretend I’m not there. I will aim to capture the candid moments as they happen as well as looking-at-the-camera moments. We will do various poses, backdrops, and walk around our location to get new perspectives. I’m also happy to incorporate any props you’d like to use and/or try any specific posing ideas you may have.
- Editing: Once the shoot is done, I will spend the next 2-3 weeks meticulously editing and perfecting your images using digital software. I try to keep images looking natural and filled with light, ensuring that you look your best. I’ll make sure that any spots, scratches or any other temporary imperfections that you woke up with on the day will not be in your final images.
- Digital Photos: Once the editing is done, I will then send you a link to 30 of your best retouched digital images ready to print and share with your family. You will be able to view, share and download the images in full resolution from this link. The turnaround time is a minimum of 2 weeks, but is never longer than 3 weeks from the day of the shoot.
- Blog: I may also write a brief blog post about our shoot, if time permits.